teamLab Planets in Toyosu
One of the best experiences that can be enjoyed in Tokyo, Japan at a technological level is the exhibition of lighting and art by teamLab. There are two versions of this exhibition, one is in the Toyosu area, and the other is in the Odaiba area.
IMPORTANT: Please note that teamLab Borderless in Odaiba has closed in 2022. teamLab Planets in Toyosu is still open, and there are plans to open another teamLab exhibition in 2023 to replace the Borderless exhibition in a central location in Tokyo.
The exhibition in Toyosu specializes in the experience of combining light with water. Therefore, before entering, everyone will be asked to remove their shoes and leave them in a locker and fold the pants up to the size of the knees.
It is recommended to people not to go wearing a skirt, since in the enclosure there are floors with mirrors on all sides.
Rooms in Planets
In the first room, you have to climb a real waterfall, and at the top, you can see a waterfall that thanks to the light is seen completely white. In the next room, there is a comfortable giant mattress that serves both to play, or just lie back and enjoy the view. After that, you enter a magical room created by millions of LED lights that recreate the universe, nature, paradise, so many things in a single space. In this room, all the walls are covered with mirrors, so that the visitor can be inside the light and be one with everything.
The next room is very fun with giant balls that bounce, move, and have different colors. Continuing with the experience of the water, you get to a real lake with koi fish made of realistic lighting that makes you feel like in a true pond in paradise. Finally, the universe of flowers. A large planetarium is visible to all, but unlike seeing galaxies, large sunflowers are observed along with other species of flowers, rotating, growing, disappearing, and creating an atmosphere of complete relaxation.
This exhibition has other very interesting things, as the exhibition is constantly changing. It is a unique experience that can only be experienced in Tokyo. Visiting the teamLab exhibition in Toyosu is an experience that is unparalleled.
From 10 am to 10 pm (last entry 9 pm)
Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays from 9 am to 10 pm (last entry 9 pm).
If you are thinking about making a trip to Japan, as seasoned Japan experts we can help you create your perfect Japan tour, including destinations like TeamLab.Contact us to start planning your unforgettable holiday to this fascinating country full of once-in-a-lifetime experiences, culture, history, nature, and delicious food!
Area Map Toyosu
teamLab Borderless in Odaiba -CLOSED-
Located in Odaiba there is a shopping mall called Pallete Town, where there is a giant wheel of fortune that guides visitors where to go. This is where the entrance to teamLab Borderless is, and it is recommended to arrive 30 minutes before the time of entry designated to you.
Unlike the version in Toyosu, the teamLab exhibition of Odaiba does not have a route. The visitor can enter as many rooms as they want, in whatever order they like. In this museum, it is recommended to be hand in hand with the person who accompanies you. Since the corridors are completely dark and the rooms are constantly changing, it is very easy to get lost in such wonder.
Rooms in teamLab Borderless
Some of the most iconic rooms in this place are:
– The garden of flowers; this is an immense room with thousands of flower petals flying on the walls, all created with lighting, which gives the illusion of being wrapped in a beautiful floral tornado.
– The room of the lamps; this room is full of lamps, that according to the aura of the person change colors and communicate with the other lamps, creating a spectacular choreography of lights.
– A magical room, created by millions of LED lights that recreate the universe, nature, paradise, so many things in a single space. In this room, all the walls are covered with mirrors, so that the visitor can be inside the light and be one with everything.
– One room is very fun, and it’s about giant balls that bounce, move, and have different colors.
– An amazing aquarium made by visitors’ drawings. It is one of the funniest experiences since you receive a leaf with a sketch of a fish, and the visitor can sit down and draw or write what they want, and in the end, it is delivered to the room manager who scans the drawing and the fish comes out swimming in the aquarium. It is the true magic of technology.
– A zoo of light animals made of flowers. It really is art in movement.